Going out of the office for a few days and worried about your inbox getting unresponded? Follow these simple steps to set up out-of-office in your Gmail. Google calls it Vacation Responder. Vacation responder is a very useful tool when it comes to automated response for your inbox.
What is Out of office?
Out-of-office or OOO or Vacation responder (for Gmail) is a very helpful tool whenever it comes to your inbox. This feature itself is responsible for sending automated responses via email, whenever the sender sends an email to your inbox and you did set up OOO.
Vacation responder comes with a number of customization options such as beginning and end date, font customization, and your custom subject, and message.
Benefits of setting up OOO (Out Of Office):
- Quick and automated response when you are out of the office to let people know that you are unavailable.
- Keeps your reputation high by showing that you did not leave the email sender unattended.
- Once you are out of the office, you need not worry about the inbox. Imagine “You are on vacation with your family, and your prospective customer is reaching out to your inbox for a bulk order. But, seeing you unresponsive, the customer gives the order to your competitor. In such a situation, letting them know that you will be responding in a certain number of days makes them understand that you will be there to assist them.”
|Click here for 5 Out-of-Office Templates for Free|
Follow these Simple Steps to Set Up a Vacation Responder in your Gmail Account:
To set up the Vacation Responder- go to Gmail and sign in to your account using your email address/ username and password.
Open your Gmail account and click on the gear icon that is visible at the top
Once clicked, click on See all settings option that appears
Scroll down to Vacation Responder
Now, mention the details such as first day, last day, subject, message, and many more.
- First day: The date you would like to initiate auto responder to send mail response to the sender.
- Last day: When you are coming back from the vacation and would be the last day the Vacation responder would respond to the emails.
- Subject: The email subject you would want to send in the automated response.
- Message: A custom message you would want the email sender to read. For example (Sample Message to Write in Out of Office): I wish I could respond to your email, but I am unavailable. I will be back on __/__/____ (date) and will revert as soon as I get to my inbox.
- Moreover, you can choose font styles such as bold, italic, underline, size, font alignments, etc.
Once done, click on save changes and refresh the page to verify if the vacation responder (OOO responder) got successfully configured.
Upon successful configuration of Out of Office, you will be able to see a bar on top of your Gmail account. This means it is successfully applied.
This is how you can easily set up the out-of-office in your Gmail account.
Similar Search Terms:
- Easy steps to set up the out-of-office in Gmail account
- How to set up out-of-office/ vacation responder in Gmail account
- Out of easy easy steps / Gmail automatic reply set up
- What is out of office in Gmail account and how to set up an out-of-office in Gmail Account